Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Summer Solstice

I'm so excited! The Summer Solstice is coming! This is one of the most joyous times of year for me. Everything is blooming, lush, green everywhere you look. I simply love the Earth's energy this time of year! I plan to celebrate the the Solstice and honor the Goddess by lighting a yellow candle outside and just take time to look around and truly see Earth's greatness of beauty. I'm hoping some friends and family can join me at this time so I can share with them some of the bounty of blessings I've received so far this year! I love sharing my oils and herbs. June twenty-fIrst, the day of the Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year. It's an excellent time to show the Lord and Lady and the Divine my appreciation of the sun, the outdoors and anything growing. I love watching with anticipation as my seeds and little plants grow. I enjoy the scent of lemon verbena especially. I was blessed to find a plant of it at Foster's Greenhouse last year and I kept it in the garage over the winter.this summer I'll have enough to make essential oil. According to Scott Cunningham's "Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs" lemon verbena's powers are purification and love. So the herb itself and the oil are great for spells that require those powers. I find the scent energizing, refreshing and yes, indeed purifying! The Summer Solstice is celebrated all over the world. It is a time to celebrate the fertilitu of the land. I encourage ya'll to take time out of your busy lives to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment